Impro Theatre’s “PLEDGE DRIVE UNSCRIPTED” (“PDU”) is our annual improvised fundraising event, taking place at the Impro Studio. “PDU” has 3 different components:
1.Our 30-hour non-stop improvised performance from June 30 to July 1 – which will also stream live online! 2. Our online fundraising Generosity.com campaign with exclusive benefits! Coming soon! 3. Our online silent auction with exciting items! Coming soon!
All donations are greatly appreciated – and we have lots of rewards! “Pledge Drive UnScripted” benefits Impro Theatre’s operations, including the Impro Theatre School and Impro Studio. Impro Theatre is a 501(c)(3) non-profit organization, and all donations are tax-deductible to the fullest extent of the law.
HOW DO I PARTICIPATE IN “PLEDGE DRIVE UNSCRIPTED”?
In addition to watching the live performance, there are many ways to participate!
• DONATE! First and foremost, “PDU” is a fundraiser. The best way to participate is to donate on Generosity.com – and we have lots of exclusive rewards and incentives! Coming soon!
• SPONSOR AN ARTIST! With only a $50 donation, you can sponsor any performer who is participating in “Pledge Drive UnScripted.” Your artist will wear your name on their back for the entire pledge drive, and you’ll receive a personalized thank you video. Go to our Generosity.com campaign, and at the $50 level, claim the “Sponsor an Impro Performer” incentive. Coming soon!
• BID IN THE ONLINE SILENT AUCTION! Lots of exciting items, including exclusive things that you can’t find anywhere else. Coming soon!
• VOLUNTEER! Email email@example.com if you would like to volunteer and be a part of this exciting event!
• SHARE! Tell your friends about “PDU” and share the event on Facebook, Twitter, and other social media platforms.
ABOUT IMPRO THEATRE
“Amazing! One of the funniest evenings in town. The troupe spins an entire play into comedy gold right before your eyes.”
– Los Angeles Times
“These virtuosic talents simply are as superhuman as they seem. These serious professional actors, classically trained, can write on their feet better than many writers can type at a desk. Impro’s work has taught me to demand more from the theatre.”
– American Theatre Magazine
“Watching Impro Theatre make up plays is like watching Cirque du Soleil perform acrobatics — a feat that expands the definition of human potential. As theater, this company’s work is consistently as good as anything you can see.”
– Stage & Cinema
Impro Theatre consists of 3 interrelated branches:
THE MAIN COMPANY
performs completely improvised, full-length plays in various styles.
THE IMPRO THEATRE SCHOOL
offers improvisational instruction to students of all levels and provides performance opportunities.
THE IMPRO STUDIO
is where the Main Company, students, and select community members create and perform improvisation in an intimate blackbox setting.
Founded as Los Angeles Theatresports in 1988, Impro Theatre has evolved from a successful short form improv troupe into a critically acclaimed improvisational theatre company. Impro has performed wildly popular shows in Southern California at South Coast Repertory, The Broad Stage, John Anson Ford Amphitheater, North Coast Repertory, Falcon Theatre, and The Pasadena Playhouse, and headlined events around the world at the Oregon Shakespeare Festival, Athenaeum Theatre in Chicago, Texas State University, Sarasota Improv Festival, The Melbourne Fringe in Australia, Theatre Adyar in Paris, and dozens more.